How is Lawrence young foundation different from other charity organisations?
- It`s not over until that one child or individual’s life under Lawrence Young Foundation`s care is impacted positively.
How effective are you?
- With our holistic approach, we have been in position to restore hope to the orphans by securing them shelters in which to live in, caring and extending support to them as they grow has been our most standing achievement. Reaching out to abandoned and hurting communities surrounding us has been part of our great tasks achieved.
How was Lawrence young foundation started?
The Foundation was formed by Keith and Linda Lawrence the Directors of Lawrence Young Limited an accounting and Business advisory firm located in Basingstoke Hampshire UK. Keith and Linda always had a passion for helping the needy in Africa. When Mahadi Ntanda a former Employee of Lawrence Young Limited visited Queen Elizabeth National Park, he spotted on his way little children at a remote school in the park struggling to go to the Toilet because they had little facilities, he later informed His former Boss about the Conditions he saw affecting the little children. Keith and Linda acted immediately and constructed two new Toilet Blocks for the little children. They went on to help more with school requirements like books, pens, pencils, sports materials like football and many others. They later decided to open up a community based organisation in Uganda to help those vulnerable remote children in the park.
It started with few children from remote families in Katwe village- Queen Elizabeth National park in Kasese district. Later other villages and communities with in the national park joined like, kayanja, katungulu, kasenyi, kikorongo, Hamukungu, kahendero, Omuruti, Nyakatonzi, Katojo and Rwehingo and the Foundation was transformed into a National Charity for the Children from all over Queen Elizabeth National park and country.
In the remote Queen Elizabeth National Park like any other areas of the country, there is a growing number of disadvantaged children, Children with learning disabilities, Orphans and homeless children as a result of HIV/AIDS, superstition beliefs that causes neglect in the communities for example in 2009 the number in the whole country reached 2.6 million.
Katwe village and other villages are surrounded by wild animals, it was discovered that some parents are being killed by crocodiles while fishing yet it’s their main income generating activity leaving the children as orphans, single parent and child headed where they cannot afford to go to school because they are poor.
How does Lawrence young Foundation spend its money?
- We use 70% of the funds to support the vulnerable remote park children stay at school 20% on our External Program with initiatives including curriculum resources on active school children, leadership training workshops for children, Girl child education, widow’s health sensitization and business workshops, 5% on our governance and 5% on our fundraising.
Who supports Lawrence Young Foundation programs?
- Lawrence Young Foundation programs are mainly supported by our major donor Lawrence Young Limited . That’s how we are able to sustain the foundation at the moment.
- Though we welcome any donation or grant to support Lawrence Young Foundation
Can I sponsor a child?
- Yes, you can sponsor a child in our Foundation. The more our sponsorship department grows, the more it avails us an opportunity to increase on the number of children under our care.
- With as low as 50 dollars a month, you are in position to sponsor a vulnerable child.
I would love to donate money to a specific program, is that possible?
- Sure, you can donate to a specific program under Lawrence Young Foundation. We are structured under 2 categories; internal and external. Internal basically is the School, External is the outreach programs we extend to our surrounding hurting communities; in this are various programs which include; outreaches, trainings, sensitization, poverty eradication schemes.
How can I see the results of my contributions?
- One of our core values as Lawrence Young Foundation is honoring our stakeholders and being transparent in all we do. If you donate to any of our programs, you receive periodic updates on the impact of your contribution and through our social media platforms you are in position to see the impact and results.
What is the best way to support?
- You can sponsor a child or donate cash to support a program under our internal or external program.
How else can I get involved?
For more ways on how to get involved, kindly visit our Get Involved page.
Do you stay in touch with grant recipients or donors?
- Our goal as an organization is to build strong partnerships and relationships with our donors. Our program manager consistently keeps in touch with our grant recipients to update and give them feedback on the progress and impact of their support towards Lawrence Young Foundation activities.
How do I stay in touch?
- By subscribing to updates, either by email or post. You can also contact us directly here.
Can I visit the country or the program I am sponsoring?
Meeting the children and volunteering to help make the project a reality is an extremely rewarding experience both for children and the donor. We therefore welcome you, your visit will give you a chance to connect with the children you have been donating to and help you participate/volunteer in the activities that have been set to better their lives.