EDUCATION IS THE KEY
Education is a human right for all children and failure to access and complete a cycle of basic, quality and inclusive education, limits their future opportunities. Lawrence young foundation is proving a platform for every orphan and other vulnerable children to attain an affordable quality education.
- All children should have the opportunity to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence to break the cycle of poverty, raise healthier families, and help build their communities.A quality education is the basis for a productive life, and we work especially hard to train ourteachers and inspire our students. Globally, there are 58 million children that are not able to go to school. Accessing education isparticularly difficult for vulnerable girls born into poor communities. As a child grows older, the fight to get an education becomes even harder. His or her family must be willing to pay school fees. That child risks long, often unsafe walks to school. If she is a girl, she is much more likely to be forced to marry at a young age. And thatchild will often lack access to healthcare and the support he or she needs to learn.
- To address this, the Lawrence Young Foundation partners with St. Peters Nursery and primary School Katwe Queen Elizabeth National Park to educate 372 vulnerable children every day. With a staff of 14 teachers, children are taught from nursery age up to Primary 7. The school lacks the resources and staffing to properly educate the children, and as such many students are still behind academically.
- We need you to help us improve the educational quality of the school, namely throughbuilding teacher capacity around literacy and numeracy skills, strengthening the ability of our school administrators, and encouraging Parent Teacher Associations to support students and staff. The school also teaches inEnglish, and focuses onliteracy activities. We are sure to engage our children and staff in gender equality, first aid, and HIV/Aids prevention. The school follows the Ugandan curriculum, with additional international resources typically being implemented into lesson planning.
- “We are asking for your help because we need to secure the future of the little park children,
- ONE DOLLAR ($1) Can Save A Child and Leave A legacy”